Sunday, August 2, 2015

LBD - Little Blue (Velvet) Dress

 

Friends are so encouraging. Upon trying on this number and coming out of the dressing room, Rose and Sabrina were instantly saying, "Oh my god! So cute! It's so flattering!!!" And the sales gal was like, "You can wear it now in the summer and then in the winter with boots!!!" But then Rose said, "And it totally works with your makeover, because it's really sophisticated!" Sold. Aside from the fluffy chatter, I really do love this dress. It's structured and fully lined so it keeps all the extra tummy-lovin' in check, which is nice because I usually don't go near this slim-fitting silhouette. 
Aside from fit, what makes this dress stand out is the color. This blue compliments my olive hues in my skin and dark hair. When you're shopping, recognize what colors look the best on you and stock up. Neon and pastels are fun, but don't work on everyone. Jewel tones, like this rich blue velvet, look amazing on pretty much everybody. 

Friends are really encouraging, not only in the dressing room.  The reason I was M.I.A. the last week was because I went on a outreach mission trip to the Navajo Reservation in Sweetwater, Arizona. The ankle bracelets I am wearing in the pictures above were made for me by some friends I made during the trip. It was incredible to see the beautiful desert with it's mesas and red dirt. Our team hosted a basketball camp for children at a local grade school, and went to different families' homes to do yard work and house repairs. I received so much spiritual and life encouragement from everyone around me; it was an incredible blessing and experience. 





2 comments:

  1. I still love love love this dress on you, can't wait to see it in person! Beautiful location

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love love love this dress on you, can't wait to see it in person! Beautiful location

    ReplyDelete