Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Working Things Out

 T-shirt Target, blazer Urban Outfitters, jeans American Eagle, earrings F21, sandals Therapy.

Last week I pulled together my ten favorite pieces in my closet so see if I could identify some kind direction or particular style. All I saw was a lot of dark grey and...dark. To see what these pieces would look like in action, I put together some looks that were new and some that are familiar, to gage where I'm at with my look. The good news: not as lost as I thought, I just need some style development. 

Above is my favorite T-shirt with the henna-like elephant. I wear these jeans and sandals weekly (or quad-weekly, but who's counting), and spiced it up with my blazer. I took a cue from my style muse Kellye, and went for the blazer to make this basic outfit pop without any effort. 

T-shirt Delia's, kimono Prim, necklace Therapy. 

This colorful kimono made it into my favorites not because I wear it ALL the time, but because it makes me feel like some kind of boho garden fairy. The drape is lovely, and sort of floats around me and hangs so nicely. Again, it is a jeans and T-shirt combo, wooo whooo. 

tank Prim, jeans American Eagle

I love this tank top with it's unique detail at the waist. I typically tie or tuck in the front of my T-shirts, so this is a cute alternative. This purple jersey knit is super soft so it's great against the skin. This quenches my comfort thirst. And basically jeans and a T-shirt...I'm sensing a pattern. 

Ok. Moral of the story is that I need to find some casual alternatives to add to the rotation. I love these above looks, but I feel like I wear them allllllll the time. If I am going to wear something all day everyday, it needs to be stellar, not just, eh. Something to think about. 

- Shelby 

1 comment:

  1. You've got a great mix of basics there! Really good start! The Boho look is my favorite! As for the Prim tank so cute and I think it would be very chic paired with a bright and patterned pencil skirt!

    Fantastic post, I love see your process!

    ReplyDelete