Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Style Muse: Kellye


This is Kellye! 

I met her at school this year at FIDM, and she is super cool. Kellye balances nannying in the Bay Area along with being a full time Fashion Design student. Getting to know her, I have learned that she loves succulents, she loves polaroids, she will always help out a friend in need, and has killer style. 

What I love about Kellye's look is that she always looks pulled together. Always. Even if I talk to her and discover that last night the printer broke, she didn't get a ride to the train, and there was no coffee in the house, Kellye will look like a million bucks. And the kind of million spent on a beach house, sipping pina coladas made with locally grown, organic pineapples. She rocks a lot of fluid tops, ripped jeans, cool sneakers, and awesome coats. What I have observed in Kellye, is that she doesn't wear something different every day, but has a formula that is put together with a few solid pieces and a hand-full of wildcards to shake it up with. 


I interviewed Kellye to breakdown her style and see what I can learn from her. 

How do you describe your style? Umm… Shelby I don’t know. 

When running low on time, what is your go-to look? A dress, an oversized sweater, and ankle boots. Not body-con, something…flow-y, but not, like super hippie. 

Where are your favorite places to shop? Zara, Free People, Revolve (but that’s just a bunch of brands), Tularosa. 

What are your 3 favorite pieces in your wardrobe? Oooh, um, this white dress that I fixed, it’s is a white three-quarter sleeve dress with a low neckline with eyelet detail. I like it because I have been hunting for the perfect white dress forever and I finally found it, but it was too short so I made it longer. My Topshop leather jacket, I like the quilting (on the shoulder) it goes with everything and I have these wooden clog heels that sound ugly, but they’re not. They lace up the ankle from Free People that are great and go with everything. 


What parts of your life dictate how you dress? Unfortunately, school (laughs), lack of sleep, being in a rush, but usually I just go for comfort, but that’s why I feel like if I fill my closet with simple, cute pieces, whatever you toss on will be fine.

Comfort or fashion? Both. 

Who do you dress for? Me. 

What do you wear that makes you feel the most beautiful? Um, anything that I’m comfortable in and that I like; there are definitely certain outfits that are comfortable but I still feel put together enough, but always disheveled. And those are my favorites.

Are there any challenges you face when shopping or building your wardrobe and if so, how do you tackle them? Yes! My height and my big hips, long legs, small waist; weird proportions. I don’t know, i just have to shop at specific places, Free People always fits. And other than that finding it’s things that I feel like will last, that I will like for more than just a month. 

In your eyes, what are 5 wardrobe staples every girl should own no matter what? The perfect easy dress that can be dressed up or down, a leather or faux leather jacket, good ankle boots, which I need a new pair, the perfect oversized sweater, and the perfect pair of jeans. Mix and match. 


Thank you Kellye!!! 




2 comments:

  1. Fantastic post! The thing I love about Kellye is that she always looks chic and effortless! I can't wait to be inspired by more of your style muses in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete