Friday, May 10, 2013

To Chic With Love




Dress Therapy, Jacket Silence & Noise, Boots Nordstrom, Bag Therapy, Necklace vintage, Earrings Vintage

The other day in my English class, my lovely friend gave an equally lovely speech about the exceedingly lovely Audrey Hepburn. Her thesis was why is Hepburn a fashion icon? She then proceeded to explain the reasons we love Audrey, from her grace and poise to her sincerity and inner beauty. I learned that along with her effortless sense of style that her attitude and confidence really make the look. While zero effort = you are frickin' fabulous has not always been my strong suit, I trudged through both my closet and the one of my mothers to find that (full of) effort-(but looks like) less outfit for a friends birthday party in the city. What I ended up with, was a waist flattering, silky loose dress, boyfriend blazer, my favorite boots (I'm still not tiered of them!), and subtle gold jewelry. So in relation to Audrey I have (drumroll please):

  • Loose dress = comfort, yet flattering silhouette
  • Black Blazer = black, because well, you know, black. 
  • Boots = tried and true familiarity 
  • Subtle Jewels =  less is more (except for the bracelets, let's face it this is me we're talking about) 
  • Up-do: 'Cuz I'm going out and Audrey rocked them up-do's 
Not bad. Something to keep working on. How do you embrace your favorite fashion icon? 

Shelby 






No comments:

Post a Comment