Thursday, June 18, 2015

Time For A Reboot


The Problem

For the last few months, I have been feeling drained of my style and really, my whole look. My freshman year of college is coming to a close and has left me tired, yet inspired, and eager to find a look that is truly me. I used to love to get dressed and put looks together, but now I’m all about those jeans and sweatshirt. I am plagued with the task of waking up early for school when it is about 10 degrees colder than it will be the rest of the day, and I dress for the hour I will be cold rather than the 8 hours I will be at school. This has made me realize that my style, at the moment, has no direction or purpose. What I do in the morning is just put on clothes, and not dress for who I am or who I want to be. I am ready to get excited again, to express myself again, and discover a bit of myself in the process. 




Goals 

I have always admired a vast range of styles from a sweet, pulled together, Kate Spade lady to a fresh off the beach, easy going gal. I want pieces that are comfortable and easy to wear. When I say easy, I mean pieces that don’t require too much for them to look how they are supposed to, like they don’t need cami’s or bandeaus. It is time to add a little sophistication to my look, to show that I am a young professional. Dress for success!  I love mentality of effortless cool that a lot of men and French women have. It’s the elements of masculine + feminine, and “woke up like this, flawless” that draws me in. On the other hand, as mentioned, I do love the girlish whimsy of Kate Spade, so working in cute collars is on my wish-list. Even though there are a lot of different signals I’m giving off, I am going to do my best to incorporate everything into the final product (the Fresh Me!) 

Solution 

To fix my style blues, I will be taking what I have learned from the great style gurus (Tim Gunn and the What Not to Wear team are a couple of my favorites), personal style bloggers, and the lovely women around me, to give myself a makeover. Here I will document my progress, from purging, to shopping, to my new look. 
I love that on the Cloud10 you can see how my style has changed since I started when I was 16, up to now. I want this project to continue do that, but breath new life into the Cloud10 and into me. 



So here's to the new! Let's do this. 

- Shelby 

No comments:

Post a Comment