Monday, July 11, 2016

New Pants and New Beginnings


Since I have last posted, I have moved to Los Angeles for a new program at school and am currently on day 6 of new life! A few days ago was the first day of classes and this was my outfit. I sported some suede-y, high waisted, culottes; a striped blouse with a lace cutout in the back; and some wooden and leather platform heels. I loved this because, first of all it was super comfy. The pants, which I got at Urban outfitters outlet for $10.00! The high waisted is very flattering and you just look like a lady boss when you pair them with a button down. I was very weary of the culottes trend because to me, they initially looked very unflattering with the wide leg and shorter hem. However, the fit in these sold me and I actually think the length is rather flattering! The outfit sticks to the rule of thirds, and the slim fit through the hips makes sure there is not too much volume. The blouse is thrifted from Buffalo Exchange and the heels are from T.J. Maxx. 

Since moving out on my own, I have had some ups and downs emotionally but I am overall really excited for this new chapter of life. But enough gushy crap, everyone leaves home sooner or later so I will be fine! Some things I have picked up and received advice about have been really helpfull (thanks Jessica!). Here we go: 

1) Make my bed every morning. This may sound like a no-brainer, but having my bed all tidy makes the room look so much nicer and pulled together. For me, it doesn't work to be carelessly messy so this little thing goes a long way. 

2) Get dressed right when you wake up. Often at home, I would either stay in my pajamas for most of the morning or immediately change into workout/lounge wear to do things at home. It was helped so much to just put on at least jeans and a fresh tee shirt and a little bit of makeup. Before, I would wait until I actually had to leave the house to wear something a little nicer and do my makeup. Now, I just feel better about myself and am ready to go! 

3) Stretch your food. I realized that if I make a big portion of my diner at night, I can take it for lunch tomorrow and maybe even have it for dinner again the next night. I know that sounds repetitive but it actually has been really helpful to cut time in the kitchen. (And although, my roommates have not said anything yet, I do spend a LOT of time in the kitchen as it is!)  For instance, the other day I made a kale salad from a bag mix from Trader Joes, some quinoa, and 2 pieces of chicken with taco seasoning. That night I had little bits of each, separate on my plate. Next day for lunch, I layered it all and made a salad. I had some salad left over, so for dinner I heated up some corn tortillas with cheese and put the salad in the there for tacos! So good. 

So these are some things that are new to me. I would love to hear any advice you have! 

No comments:

Post a Comment